|Before submitting your character |
1. Your character must be drawn professionally preferably by an artist. If you think you can draw, don't. If you know you can draw,
then do so but the character must look like he would belong in a comic book. We want to display the characters but also the artists.
2. Your character must be an ORIGINAL super hero/super villain (preferably), but may have his roots in horror or magic. If he is however,
he must be a part of the real world NOT a character that would be better suited in a Diablo game or Final Fantasy game. Super heroes
don't usually wield swords, axes and bows. They have powers and an origin story and they usually live in our world. Super heroes fight
crime and injustice. Super villains cause crime and injustice.
Also, for the most part, super heroes/villains' powers remain constant throughtout their life. They do not evolve with every situation
they face, if they do, then your character probably belongs in a Manga/Anime universe, not the NHD.
3. Your character CANNOT live in an already established universe (Marvel/DC/City of Heroes etc...) If they do originate from there, all
ties to these universes must be severed.
4. Make sure you have a detailed list of your character's powers and weaknesses. Saying that your character uses fire, doesn't say much.
5. Have an idea of what your character's stats are and be realistic. Not everyone is invulnerable. Characters with weaknesses are true
6. Have a link where I can access your character (a must! without a picture they will not be considered.)
7. Consult the Faq for answers to some of your questions.
Make sure your picture is a HD digital picture (300dpi) large enough to display at high quality close-up of your character's face (1000 x
1500 pixels minimum).
You will be notified if your character meets the requirements.
When you are ready go here.
How do I create a team ?
To create a new team for the database you will need to...
1. Find a team name.
2. Prepare a short history for your team.
3. Have a list of criteria for your team. Can anyone join or is the team specialized in some way? A team like Shadow Force, for example,
will only consider characters who fight dark forces.
4. A brief description of the team's mission or purpose.
5. Determine which of your characters belong to that team.
When you are ready go here.
I have a great idea for a character but I can't even draw a draft copy to
send an artist.
There's still hope. I can't draw for beans either but managed to create most of my 31 characters with Hero Machine. It's easy. It's free
and you don't need to download anything.
Another option is to use the "create a character" feature that many games now have.
Once you're done, contact an artist to give it life and while you wait, work on the character's background and powers.
Don't keep your heroes locked up in your head. Set them free!
For comments or if you need to contact me regarding other matters...
E-mail me here
You can also comment on our Facebook page